On Tuesday 03 April 2007 11:09 am, John Plocher wrote:
> Having Nexenta, Schillix, BeliniX and Solaris distros all based on
> a OS.O OS/Netv5.11 release means that ISVs, Blastwaves and other
> application providers can all take advantage of a common baseline;
> users could choose between the various distros (or, more exactly,
> versions of each of the distros) confident that they are all based
> on a similar set of OS features.

But that's nothing more than some arbitrary mojo to say, "today this is
v5.11".

This seems to be more tied into the distribution, no?

In a sense we do have a version today...it's the date on which the sources are
pulled...:-/

--

Alan DuBoff - Solaris x86 Engineering - IHV/OEM Group
Advocate of insourcing at Sun - hire people that care about our company!