Peter C. Norton wrote:
On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 01:36:59PM -0500, Shawn Walker wrote:
On 11/04/07, I. Szczesniak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I don't think this will happen without a major shift to a more
customer-friendly policy at Sun.
When is "break my customer's stuff" seen as friendly?

Can you quantify:

1) How many of your customers things are going to break
2) What change will do the breaking

What changes are you proposing?   How can we know what will break
without a list of what you want changed?  This whole conversation is a
lot of hand waving without any specific proposals.

A lot of brain damage in /usr/bin utilities can be fixed without
breaking them - adding new flags that were never used before is
usually completely compatible, and trivial to do.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]