On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, homerun wrote:
Hi

zfs makes solaris now good choise to store media content.
could it be possible to get as part of "freeware" and integrated to /usr/sfw -
tree some Upnp mediaserver.
i have found two media servers that runs on linux
- MediaTomb http://mediatomb.cc
- GMediaServer http://www.gnu.org/software/gmediaserver

From what I can see, there aren't any Solaris versions of
MediaTomb or GMediaServer on any of the various Solaris
freeware projects, so to maybe get the ball rolling I just
did a cursory attempt. Unfortunately neither of them, nor
libupnp-1.4.3 on which GMediaServer depends, compiled for me
"out of the box".  And I used gcc/g++ and a fairly
GNU-friendly build environment too...

Petri, anyone else -- want to help troubleshoot? Following is the build
environment I use:
    http://www.genunix.org/wiki/index.php/Environment

Eric