Jürgen Keil wrote:
I've run across what appears to be a bug with Xorg on SXCE B61. While installing Sun's web proxy 4.0.4, Xorg blew up, and kicked me out, requiring me to login again. I'd seen similar behavior with the bundled Firefox, but I was unable to reliably repeat it.

Did you perhaps type "control + backspace" on the keyboard, while
num_lock was active?

With some (all?) keyboard layouts, this terminates the Xorg server:
    http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=27754&tstart=0

Or do you get an Xorg SEGFAULT? Check /var/dt/Xerrors and /var/log/Xorg.0.log
for a stack backtrace of the fault;  see also:
    http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=27882&tstart=0