Glynn Foster wrote:
Hey,

Anil Gulecha wrote:
If you can hack around with the scripts, you can add this to BeleniX,
the opensolaris LiveCD.

If your application isnt very big (under 1 mb).. you can easily add that
to the miniroot of BeleniX, so the distributed version (On USB or CD)
will contian your applications.

The upcoming release of BeleniX would make addition of utilities much
simpler.. but you'll have to wait for a couple of weeks.

FWIW, while not belittling the amazing work the BeleniX guys have done, I'd love
to see this sort of effort being put into a reference OpenSolaris distribution
that was generic enough that people could create their own distributions off it.
It's worked really well for Ubuntu [look at all the variations], and I believe
it would encourage growth in the community as a whole.

Would this be a reference distribution as in a sort of standards-base sort of thing? That'd be kind of interesting to consider to maintain some cross-distribution compatibility as more distributions crop up.

I like the idea of providing a base reference distribution for other distributions to then easily derive from.

+1 from me.

cheers,
steve

--
stephen lau // [EMAIL PROTECTED] | 650.786.0845 | http://whacked.net
opensolaris // solaris kernel development