Ken Frank wrote:
I didnt see on the vconsole page about what it is and usually used for and how its used. Are there any pointers to this kind of information ? Also, Is it in current solaris 10 ?

The usage of virtual console will like other existing OSes, like Linux.
We are going to make the function compatible with Linux as much as
possible except secure issues. We suppose the usage is straight forth.

Of course, we will have a detailed documentation for solaris in future
because it really has some extensions upon Linux' virtual console.
You can refer the vconsole-discussion alias for some details.

So far, we have no backport plan for S10.

Regards,
Lingbo