James Carlson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Joerg Schilling writes:
> > Lucky Forumer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi everyone, I need to compile some CGI programs for a web server running
> > > Sun Solaris 10 (it identifies itself as "SunOS webserv 5.10
> > > Generic_125101-02 i86pc") and I really don't want to repartition my HD to
> > > add yet another OS just for doing these builds. I was wondering if
> > > Belenix or SchilliX would work. I noticed SchilliX is based on "Nevada"
> > > Solaris 11, would a binary compiled be backwards-compatible with Solaris
> > > 10?
> >
> > If you compile on schillix, the binaries work on Sun Solaris.
> > I cannot speak for other distros.
>
> I thought that SchilliX was based on Nevada.  If so, then objects
> compiled there are *not* guaranteed to work on Sun Solaris 10.  There
> is currently no released Sun Solaris product that corresponds to 11 --
> Nevada is still under development.

I thought that it was obvious that an OpenSolaris based product cannot be
compatible to Sun Solaris 10.

I was obviously talking about the current Sun Nevada express builds.

And BTW: people who write lines longer than 79 characters are responsible for
the fact that there is a high probability that not all of the text is read
correctly.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)