Dennis Clarke writes:
> hmmm .. that may or may not suffice.

Probably not.

> In any case .. thanks for the manpage. I was hoping for an Sun
> Blueprint book on Xorg but I don't know if that exists yet.  :-\

The goal of the Xorg guys is to make hand-hacking of xorg.conf
completely unnecessary.  It's that way for most modern platforms, and
will likely only get better in the future.

In fact, in my experience, you can only hurt yourself by trying to
create and maintain your own xorg.conf.

This probably belongs on some other mailing list, though.