Hi,

Sorry if this is to the wrong list.

I recently installed Open Solaris Nevada b55 on my home PC with Solaris
and Windows on separate disks. The solaris install worked well, however
I've not been able to boot into Windows Xp from Grub. Booting into
solaris works fine. The only way I can boot into windows is to adjust
the boot priority of the hard disks in the BIOS, which by-passes grub.

My system has 2 SATA disks - Channel 2 & 3. XP is installed on the
channel 2 disk while solaris is installed on the channel 3 disk.

The device definitions in grub are correct - as far as I know.

The menu.lst configuration for grub is.

Windows
   rootnoverify (hd0,0)
   chainloader +1

When selecting this menu option within grub, the screen goes blank for a
couple of seconds before going back into the grub menu.

I'm not that familiar with grub, so I'm not aware of any debugging
options.

Has anyone had any similar issues when running Solaris and Windows on
separate disks?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Marcus

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Crane Group