Jan Wätzig wrote:
Hello,
today I tried to install terminus-font-4.20. I ran './configure' without
parameters, than changed 'prefix=/usr/local' in Makefile, and did 'make
install' and 'make fontdir'. Until now, everything went fine.

After this, I added 'FontPath "/usr/local/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local/"' in the
'Files'-Section of my xorg.conf and restarted the system. After restart, I got the message

Could not init font path element /usr/local/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local/,
removing from list!

twice at the end of /var/log/Xorg.0.log. I noticed, that the .pcf-files in the
systems font directories are not gzipped, so I un-gzipped all .pcf's in
/usr/local/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local/, but again, after reboot, I got the same
message. What's the problem here?

The .pcf files in the system font directories are not gzipped
to increase performance and to save space on the install media
(which is bzip2'ed, and bzip2'ed uncompressed files are smaller
than bzip2'ed gzip files), but the system font libraries can
handle .gz fonts.

Did /usr/local/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local/fonts.dir get created?
Does the first line have the number of fonts followed by one
line per font?   If not, try mkfontdir /usr/local/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]