Moinak Ghosh wrote:
Alan Coopersmith wrote:
Richard L. Hamilton wrote:
I would think that libraries such as Motif that might reasonably be used
by customer-developed applications would never go away; hopefully
Motif at the very least continues to get maintenance...

We're still shipping libXol and the XView libraries - Motif will
definitely long outlive them.    (Given the Studio tools still
include a Motif GUI design tool, Motif is pretty much still actively
used.)

  And Java is also a consumer of Motif. IMHO for the longer term one
  of the opensource Motif clones like LessTif or OpenMotif should be
  looked at.

I've suggested OpenMotif multiple times to the Desktop C-Team, but
because it would involve assigning people to work on Motif and clearing
up the OpenMotif licensing issues, I've not succeeded in convincing anyone.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]