> - OpenSolaris Enterprise Edition (classic Solaris)
> - OpenSolaris Community Edition (swiss army knife distro)

I thought it best to add in here that Nexenta itself is not stagnant,
and has tried to be the swiss army knife distro. I'm a little biased

Thanks for info! I am thinking that the existing distros should play
parts in this strategy, as some have overlapping goals. Off the top of
my head, I think that for the dual d9stro strategy, the following
would be the best suited starting points.

- Belenix - base for building OpenSolaris Enterprise Edition (SEE)
- Nexenta - base for building OpenSolaris Community Edition (SCE)

One question. Should there be a third build? OpenSolaris CBR (Common
Base Reference)?
This would be the minimum runnable build that all distros could use as
a starting point. (Both of the above would be build on top of the
Reference build).

Cheers,
Brian