> > On 17/05/07, Brian Gupta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > In order to do that we need a set of common goals,
> > defining what we
> > > expect out of our modern packaging standard. I
> > have started with a
> > > list below. Let's work from there and see if we
> > can't all agree on
> > > what is ideal.
> >
> > The funny thing is, the current packaging tools
> > support most of what
> > you list here...
>
> You, very conveniently, left out repositories.

Repositories wasn't on the list, isn't the function of a packaging
format, and anyway, I said *most*. Ahem.

Yes, I did. I feel that is a whole project unto itself. Actually, it
wouldn't be repositories, it would be distribution methods. What I'm
going to do, is add a wiki page to genunix.

That said, feel free to add it to the following wiki page.
http://www.genunix.org/wiki/index.php/Packaging_Project

brian