> This raises an interesting point. As a lot of
> comments regarding the
> lack of Linux documentation have been raised. The
> viewpoint of the
> Linux community is that OpenSolaris doesn't have
> enough documentation.
> Somehow we need to figure out what the disconnect is.

The disconnect is that most newcomers have never heard of http://docs.sun.com/

Tomes and tomes of documentation have been written on just about every Solaris
topic imaginable, and they are all on docs.sun.com.

I'm under the impression, that when I redirect the a newb to docs.sun.com,
they're just overwhelmed and don't want to read the docs, assuming beforehand
that's it's going to be cut-and-dry materia, when in reality tons of
documentation, especially Solaris documentation, are step-by-step guides with
nice explanations of what one is doing with those steps.

So next time somebody asks, redirect them to docs.sun.com. You'll be doing them
a favor.