Anne wrote:
All
When I start Xwindows from my workstation and connect to my Solaris 10 boxes, and I choose the Sun Java Desktop (not the classic CDE), I can't use the backup space key in the terminal windows. It's terribly annoying and in fact, I have to run CDE from now on because of it. I've tried changing the profile on it to allow the CTRL+H to be mapped to the backspace key, but doesn't work. Any ideas out there?

It sounds like you're suffering from CR 6173972, but turning off numlock should have been an effective workaround for that problem. Another workaround for that problem is this environment variable setting: _AWT_USE_TYPE4_PATCH=false.

        Scott