-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alan
Burlison
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 12:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: MC; opensolaris-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [osol-discuss] Re: Re: RE: backspace key not working on Java

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Not annoying current Solaris customers is one part of that strategy;
> it is all too often ignored by people suggesting random changes to the
> system's defaults.

That could be said about a significant number of the conversations on this
list - 10 people bitching about something on opensolaris-discuss doesn't
necessarily constitute the opinion of the majority of Solaris users -
although of course it *might*.

I have a nagging fear that some people inside Sun read this mailing list and
interpret it as 'The voice of the customer'.  It's not, it's the opinion of
a self-selected group.

Or perhaps I'm just particularly grumpy today ;-)

--
Alan Burlison