Anne wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Does anyone know if Solaris 10 has the ability to index all of it's contents
> and those contents are available for query? (Akin to Red Hat's "locate" and
> "updatedb" features.) The "find" command is so sllowwwww

Actually I was making some research in this area a few months ago[0].
I know that there is MetaTracker[1] task under JDS project on
OpenSolaris site that will allow this functionality.
Unfortunatelly the MetaTracker task page[1] is empty now, but it will be
changed very soon (up to few days). The placeholder for it was created 2
days ago.
Also the head version of MetaTracker[2] can be build on Solaris platform
without big effort.

[0] http://www.osnews.com/story.php/16984/Comparison-of-Desktop-Indexers
[1] http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/jds/tasks/MetaTracker/
[2] http://www.gnome.org/projects/tracker/