UNIX admin wrote:

Don't you worry one bit - there's pah-lenty of Java stuff out there that
doesn't work WITHOUT code changes.

So badly written Java apps are obviously the fault of Java, just like drink-drivers are obviously all Ford's fault. How stupid of me.

Now I don't care what caused it. All I care, as a dumb Windows user in that moment, that
when the latest and "greatest" Java comes onto the system, my app stops
working. Nice.

That's just an unreasonable rant, and you know it.  Please stop trolling.

But anyway, be that as it may, I better shut up, I've got to watch my blood
pressure.

I think you need to go here: http://we.hates-software.com/ and stop venting on opensolaris-discuss.

--
Alan Burlison