James Carlson wrote:

Agreed.  Perhaps we also need an unofficial "how this works" document.

I do see a need for unambiguous language that sets out exactly how
these things are supposed to work.  Otherwise, if we used only
"community-friendly" text, we'd forever get involved in pointless
squabbles about who has the authority to do what, or what things are
"required."

You can be simultaneously unambiguous and easily understandable, in fact the two often go hand in hand.

I agree, though, that much of this stuff is dense, hard to read, and
possibly hazardous to look at while operating machinery.  A short and
friendly intro for 'ordinary' project creation would probably be a
helpful.  (Though, perhaps, the project in the Subject: line above
wouldn't necessarily benefit.)

We don't want two documents explaining the same thing, that tends to just increase confusion rather than reducing it.

--
Alan Burlison