Outside of Sun interest  is what's triggered my intent to propose a formation of
a Chargeback community.  As for "support", that can probably mean different
things to different people, but there's definitely:

(a) interest
(b) need for solutions
(c) benefits in collaborating
(d) code
(e) ideas

All of the above are what I've personally seen (& done) from/for customers I
talk to.

This comes up now and then, yet I honestly believe it can benefit from being  a
community effort.

There are even 3rd party companies that have been around, trying to build
commercial solutions
in this space. One example: http://www.instrumental.com/software/pa3.html
(notice Solaris 7 :-)

Thanks and regards,