> > > Want to know how popular the BeleniX 0.6 distribution is?  Then take a
> > > look at the download stats just published for 2007.  There's a link on
> > > the main page at www.genunix.org.
> > >
> > > Again - many congratulations to Moinak Ghosh and his team.
> >
> >   In a similar statement of value, Blastwave.org delivers software at a
> > rate
> > of 750,000 to 1 million fetches of the software catalog per month. There
> > are
> > some 44,000 unique visitors to the site monthly and the three primary
> > software mirrors deliver 500,000 software packages monthly.
> >
> >   Average usage is 16,000 packages/fetches per day from a primary mirror
> > like Perdue University or Ibiblio.org.
> >
> >   The impact this has on users that are thinking of moving to Linux and
> > away
> > >from Solaris is non-trivial.
> >
> > Dennis Clarke
>
> http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/xwin-discuss/2007-April/001147.html
>
> <QUOTE> WOW!
> As many as 4 (four!) individuals have downloaded
> http://www.martux.org/xorg/Xorg7.2.0_opensol_sparc_snv60_binary_pkgs.tar.gz
> over the last 40 hours,

I'm resolving my whole Xorg-compatibility devel/testing/debug hardware (for
which I had paid THOUSANDS AND THOUSAND of Euro's over the last three years).
As prices for SPARC-Desktops have fallen close to zero over that period, I am
giving it away for free.
If somebody is interested, please contact me via mb1x [at] gmx [dot] com.
it's the following machines (mostly in mint condition) :

Ultra 1 140 512MB (Turbo GX, Creator)
Ultra 1 200 256MB (Turbo GX Plus, Creator 3 D)
Ultra 2 Dual 1GB 300MHz (Creator )
Ultra 3 512MB (aka Tadpole SPARCle 500SX) with PGX64 onboard
Ulta 5 512MB 400MHz (PGX24 onboard)
Ultra 10 300MHz 768MB (PGX8 onboard)
Ultra 20 512MB (AMD64 box with onboard ati-graphics)
Ultra 30 1.5GB (Creator 3d, Elite 3D, PGX32)
Ultra 60 2GB (XVR-1000, XVR-600, Expert 3d [not exp. 3d lite]
Ultra 80 2GB (Elite 3d, Creator 3d, PGX32)
Sun Blade 100 500MHz 2GB ram (PGX64 onboard, PGX64 pci card)
Sun Blade 150 550MHz 256MB (PGX64 onboard)
Sun Blade 1000 x7017a 1056MHz 2GB (Creator, PGX32) / currently has PSC and
therefore loads SF280R obp image and OBP behaves that restricted, cut down)
Sun Blade 2000 Dual x7017a, 8GB mem (Elite3d)
Sun Blade 2500 Red Dual 1.2GHz, 4GB (XVR-500, PGX32)

I'm giving away that stuff for free, because I don't need it any longer (it
didn't feel that way)

I'm looking for something else to do (note: I will never accept any paid jobs)