> Вообще странно знать, что "Вы не должны менять
> permissions" в OpenSolaris - открытой системе! ;)
> Ещё более непонятно ограничения для
> суперпользователя! Для чего тогда он нужен?
> Если devfs живёт по своим законам, то всёравно должен
> быть способ этим управлять, потому что человек
> глобалнее чем машина.
> Я кстати понимаю что тут серьёзные вещи обсуждаются,
> но почему бы
> легко не разрешить мою причуду, Advanced Users?
> chmod -R 755 /dev
> Access Denide
> :(
> SunOS 5.1 Belenix

First of all, if you change permissions of /dev, you're asking for trouble, and
will possibly damage your operating system.

Second, you haven't answered my question, why is it that you want to this? It
is completely unnecessary.

Third, if the /dev is mounted ro (read only), you can attempt to change the
permissions until you are blue in the face and the system will simply refuse
every time. /dev must be mounted rw (read/write) for this to have any chance of
success.