Well, the answer, historically, is to point folks to the tools community (5+ forums) on SDN that the Sun Studio product team monitors:

   http://forum.java.sun.com/category.jspa?categoryID=113

Now, there has been feedback that the SDN forum mechanism, w/o the email gateway, is less than adequate in terms of usability. That feedback has made the SDN forum mgmt team and I've asked them for a roadmap which includes this gateway feature.

From a larger perspective, how much do we widen the focus of OpenSolaris.org to included related communities, like tools? Obviously, Sun Studio is a diverse audience, which includes significant open source projects like OpenSolaris and OpenJDK.

/kso

William James wrote:
On 5/18/07, Holger Berger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/15/07, Alan Coopersmith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bruno Jargot wrote:
> > Does Opensolaris have mailing list for the Studio compiler (mailing
> > list, not the dreaded web forum Sun uses for support)?
>
> You might find some help on tools-discuss, but the Studio compiler isn't
> really part of the OpenSolaris project, and they seem to like their web
> forums on developers.sun.com.

The Sun Studio compiler is still a central piece for Opensolaris
development. Since Sun is unlikely to replace the web forum interface
in the near future I support the request to create a mailing list on
opensolaris.org

Holger

No one from Sun's compiler team did bother to respond to my emails.
They may not care about good customer support but I do. I think the
best way is now to move forward and create a mailing list at
opensolaris.org

Cheers,
William

--