It may be too late now, but I was kind of hoping you'd reconsider an MIT or BSD
license. The way I see it,  integrating OSS into the BSD projects (be it
FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, DragonFlyBSD of even MirOS) would have been a great
chance at recruiting good developers. And none of the BSD projects have a
proper sound system at the moment.

Sure, OpenSolaris is the prime target here, and I'm sure there will be a good
amount of community action, but I don't see any harm in making it BSD.

Linux already has ALSA, then there's PulseAudio for a sound system... it might
be a bit complicated to penetrate that market.

Integration into Solaris and BSD projects would guarantee success, even on the
Linux market. And a common framework would be wonderfull.

Also, your FAQ:
http://developer.opensound.com/opensource_oss/licensing.html
is very unclear in terms of licensing (CDDL 1.0 for operating systems that have
their full source code available under the CDDL or BSD licenses.).

There's virtually no real life OS (worth mentioning) that has their entire
source code available under only one license. It bad be BSD, MIT (lighter
version of the 3 clause BSD license), 4 clause BSD license and so on. Most also
incorporate GPL in some form or another (as compiler tools or libraries).

I just can't see how this is legally binding. You either make it part of your
license (and then it's not CDDL, and it's a licensing nightmare where you're
not sure it's legal or not to use it) or you stick to a generic license and
that's it.

This whole: It's GPL for this, it's CDDL for that, but there's FAQs and
exceptions can lead to confusion from most projects, I'd hate to see the
project stale due to such things.

- "A: Non open sourced operating systems such as SCO UnixWare/OpenServer are
not covered by the above open source licenses. However we have decided to
release the source code of OSS also for them. Users of such operating systems
will need a commercial license from 4Front Technologies to use the software
legally."

I can't see how this would be legally binding either. Or make any sense. By all
means, I don't think it would matter in any form if SCO raped and pillaged
every source code on the planet, with their current financial situation, they
are going down.

The answers from some OpenSource community leaders might not have been
appropriate in this case, maybe even discouraging, but they tend to stick by an
inflexible policy in terms of licensing.

Thanks again for going open source, and thanks go to your sponsor too :-).