> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > smake, star, sformat, sfind (a bit newer), ....
>
> I think it is better to rename such tools to
> schillymake, schillytar,
> schillyformat or put them into usr/schilly/bin.

or even better simply to make, tar, format, ...
Afterall they are only an implementation of these well specified and long
existing programs. Credits to Jörg that they may be the best implementation on
earth, but I really see no advantage in having Schilly's 's' in the name just
to honor his work.

I find it much more interesting that SAM-FS/QFS might go open source than
reading this years old discussion. Nobody before got his or her name in the
Solaris filesystem who has implemented more complex stuff and with more
creative ideas than Jörg, who obviously has just the goal of getting his name
there...

- Thomas