> UNIX admin wrote:
> > Since this is Solaris, how would you compromise a
> browser?
>
> Surely you jest?  Just wait for a buffer overflow
> attack against the
> browser, for example
> http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/2006/mfsa2006
> -44.html.  It's
> not as if Mozilla/Firefox have never had security
> problems.

Yes, yes, of course, but you cause a SIGSEGV on that thing, and what will you
get? Parent process's SHELL. Which again is a regular Joe Blow user. Will that
user get a DELL from behind? He *might*. Maybe. On a system with 100 or 700
users, the system is still uncompromised.

Still, with all that, I have to ask: is there an virus killer specifically
written for Solaris out there?

Or are all those solutions virus killers that run on Solaris, but check for
Windows virii?