Stephen Lau wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
And further to that, does the community group have the power to
award that kind of prize in OpenSolaris's name?

No, but it (the CG) has the power to conduct all the investigation & research and request either the OGB to approve it or request for a community wide poll to vote it in.

I should clarify, my wording was poor... the OGB should only approve if it is pursued as an appeals path. If there is overwhelming approval for whatever the CG arrives (reflected by a vote, or some other mechanism), then I don't think the OGB needs to certify or vote on anything.

(sorry - it wasn't until I read my reply that I didn't like my wording)
-steve

--
stephen lau // [EMAIL PROTECTED] | 650.786.0845 | http://whacked.net
opensolaris // solaris kernel development