[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The "60,000" number has been artificially inflated and as an
indication of what it really means, at a recent meeting inside Sun,
we were encouraged to sign up pets, family members (mothers,
fathers, grandparents, etc) to increase the numbers so that we
actually reached that milestone.  Sounds to me like someone's
bonus is dependent on that number being reached.

It is, and various people have complained about using that as
a bonus goal inside Sun, and the complaints have fallen on
deaf ears.   I've wondered what would happen if we changed the
OpenSolaris web site to get rid of the "registration" process
or changed it in such a way to make it clear that this is not
the intended purpose.   (I've also wondered what the limits are
on the size of the user database and efficiency of the web app -
how long until this turns from metrics manipulation into a
Denial of Service attack against the OpenSolaris web site?)

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]