On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 23:56:55 -0700 (PDT)
Madhusudhan Reddy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>    I see the following error when i try to view the core file using pstack
>
> librtld_db failed to initialize; symbols from shared libraries will not be
> available.
>
> Iam viewing core file on the same machine(and same build environment) and i
> have no clue why iam seeing this error. Can someone please explain why this
> error is coming and is there any workaround the core file.
[...]

I'm not sure at all.  Look at the code (pstack.c:237) a WAG might that
your core isn't complete.  I'd probably try something like 'truss -u
a.out pstack core' to see if it was easy to tell where things ran off
the rails either validating that hypothesis or leading me somewhere
else.

                        mph