On 06/24/07 20:47, Dennis Clarke wrote:
I installed via the network ( who doesn't these days ? ) and upon first
boot I saw the machine hang.  I never got to the login prompt or very far
at all actually.

So I turned off the power and decided to boot -srv :
[cut]:
        rev 2.2 FEPS chip
fas0 at sbus0: SBus0 slot 0xe offset 0x8800000 and slot 0xe offset 0x8810000
Onboard device sparc9 ipl 4
fas0 is /[EMAIL PROTECTED],0/SUNW,[EMAIL PROTECTED],8800000
sd2 at fas0: target 0 lun 0
sd2 is /[EMAIL PROTECTED],0/SUNW,[EMAIL PROTECTED],8800000/[EMAIL PROTECTED],0
root on /[EMAIL PROTECTED],0/SUNW,[EMAIL PROTECTED],8800000/[EMAIL
PROTECTED],0:a fstype ufs
pseudo-device: dld0
dld0 is /pseudo/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ffb0 at root: UPA 0x1e 0x0
ffb0 is /SUNW,[EMAIL PROTECTED],0

That is where things come to a grinding halt.  Looks like the Creator 3D
series III FFB is the issue today ?  I don't see how.  Has anyone else
seen this ?

So boot under kmdb and see if the system responds to stop-a when it
appears hung.  Or don't bother with kmdb, just stop-a and sync
to see of we have gotten far enough for a crash dump to be possible.

Gavin