I've been hearing static-like sounds from my speakers every so often when the
audio should
have been inactive; I'm thinking that it's being power-managed somehow. (sun
blade 2000,
audiocs device, build 66)

I just added the line
device-thresholds       /[EMAIL PROTECTED],700000/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL
PROTECTED],200000     always-on
to /etc/power.conf and ran pmconfig; there was a bit of static when I did that,
but so far,
none since (although it hasn't been very long yet).

The prtconf -v output for that device includes
                Driver properties:
                    name='pm-components' type=string items=3 dev=none
                        value='NAME=audiocs audio device' + '0=off' + '1=on'

leading me to think that if nothing else, it's turned off and on.

Having an inactive audio device power off may save me a few cents a year,
but the unexpected noises are annoying.

Am I on the right track?