Andrew Watkins stated:
< Thanks for all the information, but the problem I am having - well not a
problem - just a general question.
<
< What I have done is boot a Intel Core 2 (running Windows) off the latest
OpenSolaris B67 x86 and entered the Singe User Shell straight away.

   Did you enter via the Failsafe grub menu or off a CD/DV/network ?
   In these cases you'll get the 32bit kernel.  It won't be until you
   install Solaris that you'll get the 64bit kernel.

<
< # isainfo -v
< 32-bit i386 applications

 what does psrinfo -vp say ?

Regards,
Sean.
.
<
< Now is this telling me the the computer can not run 64bit or is just because
the install kernel is 32bit it want report if it can run 64bit.
<
< I have also used the Device Detection Tool, but that will report there are
32&64 bit drivers are available, but does not tell me that OpenSolaris will run
in 64bit mode.
<
< I guess by what people have said is that if the CPU supports EM64T or AMD64
then of course it will run 64bit!
<
< Thanks
<
<
< This message posted from opensolaris.org
< opensolaris-discuss mailing list
< opensolaris-discuss@opensolaris.org