I tried to compile latest vlc-player for Solaris 10, but is quite troublesome.
Ive read from
http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=37609
that:

"Well, noone had really compiled VLC under Solaris10. Some files are using some
network conventions not recognised by Solaris. You have to hack into the files
to repair it. Sorry"

Is it really true? vlc-player is really necessary for the linux switcher! Ive
tried to get vlc-player from blastwave(?) but it is an old version, and it
didnt work. There are lots of questions regarding vlc and Solaris. When I try
to see films on my nevada b67, the film viewers doesnt work. None of the
default players work. I want my vlc! :o(

Any suggestions?