On 7/14/07, Rob Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks I will move to discuss/help forums.  Here are my steps:

My steps is a bit difference as yours.

> OpenSolaris onnv_66 Build/Install Steps:
>
> // Get the code
> // As discussed at http://dlc.sun.com/osol/on/downloads/hg-build-snapshots/
>

> hg clone ssh://[EMAIL PROTECTED]/hg/onnv/onnv-gate onnv-b66-nola
> cd onnv-b66-nola/
> hg update onnv_66
> hg unbundle onnv_66.hg
> hg update

I'm using the tip of SCM, which revision is 4623.

> // Build on snv_66 with SunStudio 11 and onbld tools
> // use opensolaris.sh from /usr/src/tools/env
> // modify local settings like $GATE, $MAILTO
>
> nightly opensolaris.sh &
>
> // no errors in mail_msg or nightly.log
>
> // Make install tar and install
> Install -k i86pc -G snv_66_nola
> cd /
> tar xf /tmp/Install.nola/Install.snv_66_nola.tar
>
> // Edit /platform/i86pc/boot/solaris/filelist.ramdisk
> // to include new kernel /platform/i86pc/snv_66_nola

>From the solaris docs, this step is not necessary.
----snip----
This requirement is eliminated in build 18 and newer, and does not
apply to SPARC.
----snip----

> reboot -- snv_66_nola\unix
>
> // At this point I reboot ok into newly built kernel, but this kernel
> // does not function the same as snv_66 from the binary install
> // If I have a zfs pool, I crash into maintenance mode with svcs -xv
> // showing a boat load of failed services.
> // If I don't have a zpool created then I boot OK, but have "out of memory"
> // errors with zfs when I go to make a new pool.
> // Also Nautilus crashes a ton more, shutdown has some errors closing
> services, etc
> // My built system is definitely different than snv_66 from binaries.

I didn't have a zfs pool, I didn't see "out of memory" and Nautilus
crashes on my side.
Paste your crash messages may get more help.

-Aubrey