I want to make here a note which is somewhat off-topic but on the other side
not:

As I posted my "press release" about Menhir I think you read already this point:
* A collection of kernel configuration files for desktops, laptops and servers.
You get insight in the structure and building of the kernel if you configure
and compile your own for your hardware. So at the website of Menhir we will
collect configuration files for the hardware of the big hardware vendors.

The important thing for the people here is that I am collecting kernel
configuration files for the Hardware from the  !! HCL for Solaris Express
Developer Edition !!

So imagine that I am getting successful with this sub-project of Menhir. Then
there will
be kernels (or better the config files) for *BSD, Slackware for all the HW
which is guarateed to run OpenSolaris.

Such a project was never started.

So, please, could you do two things for me:

1) Look into the HCL and if you run a HW from there (for example a Desktop or a
Server)
on Linux or FreeBSD or NetBSD , please, make a kernel and post me the config
file.

For this you can read my blog post:
http://chambers-of-unix.blogspot.com/2007/07/kernel-configuration-collection.html
I have described this project there.

2) Spread the word about this little project if you know people who run a HW
which is on the HCL.

That's it. Thanks in advance for all help.

best regards
Gueven

PS: I am making an exeption here and CC the Indiana project as they are trying
to push OpenSolaris' popularity. I think this little project is helping to push
the popularity further if you can say "look, the HW which runs OpSol also runs
the BSDs and Linux".

PPS : Sorry, for the disturbance.