> Kaiwai Gardiner wrote:

> >Using the OpenSound driver:
> >
> >bash-3.00$ /usr/bin/ossinfo
> >Version info: OSS 4.0 (build 1004/200707062145)
> (0x00040002)
> >Platform: SunOS/i86pc 5.11 opensol-20070709
> >
> >Number of audio devices:        3
> >Number of audio engines:        7
> >Number of MIDI devices:         0
> >Number of mixer devices:        1
> >

> >Device objects
> > 0: oss0 OSS core services
> > 1: ossusb0 USB audio/MIDI device
> > 2: vmix0 OSS transparent virtual support
> > 3: sadasupport0 SADA compatibility layer
> > 4: hdaudio0 Intel HD Audio
> >
> >MIDI devices (/dev/midi*)
> >
> >Mixer devices (/dev/mixer*)
> > 0: Intel HD Audio SmartAMC HD2 (Mixer 0 of device
> object 4)
> >
> >Audio devices
> >/dev/oss/hdaudio0/pcm0  Intel HD Audio pcm output
>  (device index 0)
> /dev/oss/hdaudio0/spdout0       Intel HD Audio
> spdifout output  (device
> >index 1)
> >/dev/oss/hdaudio0/pcmin0        Intel HD Audio rec
> input  (device index
> >2)
> >bash-3.00$

Hi,

I have exactly the same laptop with the Conexant smart AMC HD2 HDcodec chip.
The way you get recording working is:

speaker = pcm
black1 = pcm
pink1 = pcm
pink2 = line1
lineout = line-in
record src = pink2

Now use ossrecord -s48000 -b16 -c2 test.wav to record your voice and you should
see activity on the VMIX-In VU meters.

We are trying to come up with a unified HD audio mixer panel - unforutnately
simply following the spec results in a complete mess.

Intel/Microsoft engineers who were responsible for foisting this HDAudio
monstrosity on the PC world should be hunted down and brought to justice for
crimes against humanity.

best regards
dev