On Thu, 2 Aug 2007, Kaiwai Gardiner wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 02:01 -0600, Jon Trulson wrote:

>>> Nice marketing spin, but ATI hasn't been actively assisting
>>> the open source community for quite a while.
>>>

>>    They haven't exactly been supporting closed-source developers
>>    either...
>
> I've always wondered what the performance of Intel GPU's would be like
> if they were plonked on a board with dedicated high speed memory like a
> traditional video card.

   I don't know how big a diff that would make... The i9XX chipsets are
   *much* faster than the 8XX chips, and with today's modern
   busses/memory, it's just that much better.

   Still the fillrate (for 3D rendering for example) doesn't quite
   reach r200 performance (on i915 at least).  I am sure dedicated
   memory would help, but I do not think it would help 'that much'.

   I've heard various rumors about intel making an AIB (not from intel
   of course :)... No idea if there is any truth to it.

--
Jon Trulson
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]