Hi Dennis,

The Java Control Panel can be started by run
/usr/java/jre/bin/ControlPanel or /usr/bin/ControlPanel. Run the command
will pop up the Java Contrl Panel ui.

Choose the 'Advanced' will lead you to the 'Settings', choose 'Java
Console' and set it as 'Show console', then next time, Java Console will
show with log, when you run Sun Device Detection Tool next time.

Click the 'General' will lead you to "Network Settings',  press the
'Network Setting' button, in the 'Network Setting' window, choose
'Direct Connection'.

You probably can submit report if you set the 'Direct Connection' in
Java Control Panel and your host has a hostname. However, if you still
can not submit the report, please send me the log in the Java Console.

Thanks,
Richard