Alan DuBoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Aug 2007, Darren J Moffat wrote:
>
> > S h i v wrote:
> >
> >> *I* cannot, because I am not the owner of the copyright. Point was
> >> about mixing CDDL & GPL and why it *is a problem*
> >> Sane thing is to follow legal advice by the qualified. It seems to
> >> have its good share of problems and need not be done. There is no
> >> compelling need either.
> >
> > Extract of an email from Linus on 3 Dec 2003 to linux-kernel
>
> Darren,
>
> No matter what anyone says, Linus included, at the end of the day we need
> to let our legal team guide us and use them for advice.

Please do not let us continue a discussion like:

I've heard of people that heard there is a lawyer that claims that there
are problems.

If you cannot give qualified quotes, the only known expression of a lawyer is
the expression from Eben Moglen. He believes that there are no problems.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)