Hi Josh,

Josh Berkus píše v út 14. 08. 2007 v 09:55 -0700:
> OSOL folks,
>
> I'm also, quite frankly, not clear on how it benefits the opensolaris project
> to have ZFS be more available to other operating systems.  DTrace, certainly,
> because we're trying to get people to include DTrace probes in the middleware
> layer which will only happen if it's multi-OS.  But why do we want to spread
> ZFS independant of OSOL?

Sharing data between operating systems? Not locking users to just one
filesystem, which is locked to operating system. Today we have two
possibilities:

a) Veritas is everywhere - commercial closed source

b) FAT - MS has some patent for it and tried to do something around it,
I think and not very good for data.

Do you know another? ext2 maybe, but it is old. Sharing is the key
benefit for OSol and open source.

Best regards,

Milan