> The X group hasn't, but I am working on integrating
> the Deja Vu fonts
> --
> -Alan Coopersmith-
>            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> icrosystems, Inc. - X Window System Engineering

Wow, the DejaVu fonts!  Solaris is going to look even prettier!

If my memory serves me correctly, Sun was one of the biggest players in font
scaling (along with Adobe and Apple).  To say that Solaris fonts looking bad
will make some Solaris-desktop users (e.g., me) mad.

As we all know, you cannot copyright a font type (thou you can patent it--it''s
a totally different story).  But you can trademark it (as Microsoft did with
Times New Roman).  The main reason I believe we need TrueType fonts is b/c we
need the Times New Roman fonts (for compatibility).  Sun's Thorndale fonts are
identical to the Times New Roman, but a license is still needed to use the name.

Don't know whether my words make sense, but just want to raise an objection to
the subject heading.