The new SNV 70 GUI installer looks nice and moves right along.  But.  I can't
find the "advanced options" button that lets me decide how to slice my solaris
partition.  And the minimum size of 8G is a pain.  I'm installing multiple
(throw-away) images under VMWare on a ThinkPad T61 and don't have drive space
to burn :(  For that matter, even 8G gets flagged as too small until i touch
the size by lowering it to 7.9 and raising back to 8g, then it's big enough...

Worse, if just go w/the default layout, which isn't _too_ bad, it fails
immediately with  "The entry "my_user_name" was not found in the /etc/passwd
table".  If I run it again and leave out the user entry, it fails w/a simple
"Could not create install profile".  Rats.

The above is w/the Developer Edition grub selection.  I also tried the vanilla
Solaris option in hopes of getting the old installer.  I did get the old
installer (I think) but it is currently hung with the occasional
"/sbin/install-ui-start: fork failed - too many processes".  Grrr.

SNV 64a installed OK on this laptop, in VMWare and natively.  67 and 69
installed OK in VMWare.I was hoping to run 70 for a while to get around a
smeared font problem in gnome-desktop in 67 and 69.

I hesitate to report any of this as bugs since I may (again) be overlooking
something.  I see others don't like the fixed slice thing.  Anyone else seeing
fatal install regressions?

Bill