UNIX admin wrote:
>> All matters relating to the new installer and layout have been and
>> are discussed on the caiman-discuss list, mostly copied to the
>> install-discuss list.
>>
>> I suggest people with issues take them to those lists rather than
>> air them here.
>
> FYI, I've already (long before you wrote this response) started a
> topic on the default FS layout on "install: discuss".
>
> In spite of that, I still don't see why such a topic should NOT be
> discussed on opensolaris general discussion. It's about OpenSolaris,
> and it concerns OpenSolaris.

You can have the discussion here if that's what floats your boat, but
you can also be certain that most of the people you'd like to have the
discussion with will *not* be participating in it because they've got
better things to do than wade through the general morass of other
mis-directed or otherwise pointless discussions which occur here, so
you're just barely beyond talking to yourself in terms of effecting
change.  If you want to have a discussion about installation, then
you'll do a lot better to have it on install-discuss (or caiman-discuss,
if it's specific to the behavior of the new installer).

Dave