Dennis Wecker wrote:
> On 23/08/07, *Yu Xiangning* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
> wrote:
>
>     Hi OpenSolaris and HPC folks,
>
>     I wonder if there is any existing efforts in the OpenSolaris or HPC
>     community to make OpenSolaris better support applications to transfer
>     large files using multiple TCP streams.
>

> that may not exactly answer your question, but there is SCTP for
> multistream based transactions.

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for the information!

What I'm asking/proposing is at a higher layer of abstraction for
applications running in data grid/HPC environments. The initial idea is
to make it support GridFTP.

So, if SCTP can serve as the underlying transport layer protocol, that
will be great. If not, we may want to use TCP instead and manage the
multiple streams in the library.

Also, other than transferring files with multiple streams, we may need
more features such as load spread over multiple links, stripped data
transfer, security, and so on.

- yxn