I am posting this to [i]discuss[/i] as it covers topics across a few
communities.

I am wondering whether anyone has thought about the possibility of OpenSolaris
acting as a replacement for a Windows domain controller. Typically the response
to this would be to use Samba but as we all know configuring samba as a PDC or
BDC is an overly convoluted process well beyond the reach of many sys admins.

In the past I was impressed with the ability to have single sign on across
Linux, Mac and Windows platform using Novells 'Netware Client' to sign onto
Novell Directory Services (eDirectory). Could we in the OpenSolaris community
develop something similar to this?

I am not proposing anything here, just asking if anyone has any ideas.

http://www.bsi.bund.de/english/gshb/manual/pictures/M4154_01_xxxx.gif