UNIX admin wrote:

> So that M$ and Sun are working together, I think Solaris and the OpenSolaris
> community at large only stand to profit from this. I hope something *really*
> comes out of this, and not stay at another publicity stunt.

Personally, I think deals like this will absolutely help Solaris and
OpenSolaris. As the companies collaborate on all this technology, we'll
be able to get our stuff in front of more customers generally. That can
/only/ help our community grow. I'm willing to bet that more Sun
customers also use Windows than Microsoft customers also use Solaris.
Just imagine the new business/technical conversations that will emerge
there. Also, it seems to me that Indiana will benefit from this greatly.

And regarding the publicity stunts, have you noticed the distinct lack
of them lately? Instead, we have solid deals with Intel, MS, and IBM.

Jim
--
http://blogs.sun.com/jimgris