> There were talks of a developer team working on the
> Solaris x86 version of the newer Adobe Reader 8.x.

Shouldn't simple recompiling (and patching here and there) the Linux
version be more than sufficient? I go from the assumption that the
Linux, Solaris SPARC and other Unix builds compile from the same codebase.

> You
> are also able to use the Linux x86 version within
> Solaris x86.

Using branded zones, yes. Still more of a hack than anything else. And
requires a fairly funky orchestrator script to launch acroread
automatically, e.g. on double clicks or from within Firefox.

-mg