> Can yo try adding a share that "guest" users can access? Add the following to
> your smb.conf file:
>
> [test]
> path=/export/test
> guest ok = yes
> writeable = yes
> public = yes
>
> Also, create the /export/test directory and put a file in it:
>
> mkdir /export/test
> chmod a+rw test
> echo "this is a test file" > /export/test/test.txt
>
> Try connecting to this share as user "Guest", password <blank>.

I tried to add the test dir. and chmod' file and dir. But I'm not
allowed to connect as guest. And I can't connect as myself either so I
think that the samba-process does not query the samba-password-file or
the credentials have been stored incorrectly.

--
regards
Claus

the gentlest gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare