James Carlson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > You won't see them by default, thanks to PSARC 2005/361 (bug 6248624) -
> > PCFS
> > clamps the timestamps to the UN*X 32bit time_t range unless explicitly told
> > not
> > to by a mount option (noclamptime). See pcfs(7fs) and mount_pcfs(1m) about
> > that.
> >
> > And yes, that was done because it causes too many unexpected failures.
>
> Right ... plus, if it were important enough to contend with, I'd think
> we could create (yet another) new stat interface to deal with the
> problem.

I would be really happy with this!

I would propose to make it effective for all newly compiled programs that
request the large file interface. The old interface remains for binary
compatilility for programs that use the Solaris-2.6 largefile stat interface.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)