On 02/11/2007, Joerg Schilling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "Shawn Walker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > We should have an official community distribution that is prominent
> > and the other ones can be easily gotten to as well.
> >
> > If people have to read six paragraphs of text before they can do
> > anything useful; they'll likely just say "this sucks! I'll stick with
> > Linux!" and go somewhere else.
>
> You are trying to use the same facts for arguing pro and contra the same
> issue.

I don't think so. The point is that if the download process is complex
and involves forcing users to make "an educated choice" before they
can download something useful; they'll go somewhere else. When we have
a reference distribution (because there is absolutely no doubt in my
mind that we will; otherwise we will die) it should and must be
featured more prominently than other ones so most users will be able
to click and go.

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"We don't have enough parallel universes to allow all uses of all
junction types--in the absence of quantum computing the combinatorics
are not in our favor..." --Larry Wall